Kitchen Manager · Part-Time
Dröm Sött Inn – Sweet Dreams Inn
112 W Lincoln Street
Lindsborg, KS 67456
The Dröm Sött Inn is a charming 18 room inn where guests are welcomed as friends and staff is treated like family in a positive and respectful environment. The Inn is nestled in the heart of Lindsborg, Kansas, a quaint little town known for its rich Swedish heritage, local artisans and annual festivals. The newly renovated Inn opened May 2019 and is seeking to grow our enthusiastic team.
The Dröm Sött Inn is seeking two cooperative work-sharing Kitchen Managers to join our talented team. These are part-time, job-sharing positions to allow for employee flexibility, service consistency and inn occupancy. This hands-on position entails cooking and serving the Inn’s breakfast, managing the day to day operations of the kitchen and assisting with an occasional special event. A candidate is a foodie who truly appreciates all that quality food can offer: taste, smell and visual presentation. A candidate loves being in the kitchen, avidly follows the food/culinary scene and enjoys serving others creative, delicious and eye appealing food. This dynamic and adaptive candidate must be available weekdays and weekends. Typical work hours are 6:30 am – 12:00 noon. Compensation will be competitive and based on experience.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Prepare breakfast features and baked goods. Manage team during breakfast service.
- Organize and manage the daily kitchen operations.
- Manage inventory, order supplies, shop for produce, and generate shopping list for Innkeeper weekly. Plan menus based on dietary needs, guest occupancy, and seasonal offerings.
- Train support staff and oversee the cooking and serving of the breakfast to maintain our high standard of proper cooking techniques and serving etiquette.
- Work with the Dröm Sött Innkeeper and Inn Dietitian on culinary projects, staff meetings and trainings. Adhere to cleanliness and safety requirements of the health department.
- Be a leader, role model, and solution creator for the Dröm Sött Team.
- Experience cooking high quality food and managing a kitchen: Understanding of various cooking methods, knowledge of ingredients, equipment and procedures, including cleanliness and safety requirements of the health department.
- Knowledge of local seasonal produce and products and how to properly store and utilize them to reduce waste and ensure the highest quality dishes are being served.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50lbs and meet the physical demands of the job.
- Capable of utilizing Microsoft Office Suite and general computer skills.
- Excellent written, verbal, and auditory communications skills with guests, staff, and management.
- Professional appearance and demeanor with exceptional customer service experience.
If you are ready to join an exceptional team to do a job you love, represent a business you can be proud of, and you meet the above requirements, please submit a cover letter, resume, and verifiable references. Send to Innkeeper@SweetDreamsInn.com